JOIN THE NRVHBA
Details of Membership
Cost of membership is $455 for Builder Member-Developer-Remodeler Firms and Associate Member Firms.
Download Membership Application (PDF 172 Kb)
Download HBAV Anthem Health Insurance Plan (PDF 48 Kb) and Dental Rider (916 Kb)
Download the NRVHBA By Laws (PDF, 372 Kb)
(Right-click to Save PDFs)
Dues payments to NRVHBA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. However, dues payments may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses, subject to an exclusion for lobbying activity. A small portion of NRVHBA dues will be allocated to the State Builder Members Political Action Committee (PAC). If you wish, you may request not to have this portion of your dues allocated to the PAC. Page three of the Membership Application gives details about the disbursement of funds.
The New River Valley HomeBuilder Members Association is one of the most proactive building industry trade associations in Virginia. Our efforts to promote member businesses, encourage growth in the region and provide information and education to our members are key to the success of this association.
Download the NRVHBA brochure, So, Why Haven't You Joined? (pdf, 200Kb)
NAHB Member Advantage Programs for NRVHBA members.
There have been some changes to the Member Advantage savings portfolio over the past few months. Please make sure to check www.nahb.org/ma for a list of the current programs.
HBAV Member Rebate Program - Q1’10 SAVE $636.05!*
Membership pays, see what members have to say in their own words. Download Member Feedback pdf (Word doc).
* The average rebate per Builder participating in the HBAV Member Rebate Program
NEW! Member To Member Advantage program
This new program is designed to encourage networking between members and ultimately increase your business and save you money. As a NRVHBA member, you may offer special prices and / or services that are exclusive to other members. The two fold advantage is an opportunity to increase your business by encouraging other members to buy or use your products and services and an opportunity to save your business money through our members.
Check out the Member2Member Brochure (pdf) for details.
Download and fill out the NRVHBA Member to Member form and submit it to the NRVHBA. An email will be sent to all members informing them about your offer. In addition, an asterisk * will appear by your company name or logo to alert members that you participate in the MEMBER TO MEMBER ADVANTAGE program.
Happy Associate Member Appreciation Month!
As a gift to you, the Board approved yesterday the money to make our website searchable by member services. This has been one of our most requested website features, especially from our associates whose business names do not always reflect the full scope of what they do. We have listened to you, and now you will have this feature! You will be contacted soon to provide us with key words for your business, and anytime those words are typed into the search box your name will come up. It will make your business easier to find within our membership directory – what a valuable thing! Again, Happy Associate Member Appreciation Month!
Why Join the NRVHBA?
Our Association has grown tremendously in the past few years and as a result of such, we have tailored our operation to meet your needs.
- Monthly Membership Meetings - dinner, a program, and social time
- Building Codes Seminars twice a year - to keep you up to date on changing codes
- Community and Charitable Activities
- Political Action Committees - to represent your interests on local, state and national issues
- Enhanced Associate Member member participation in the NRVHBA
- As an NAHB benefit, members have access to discounts and savings opportunities offered by many top companies. Click here to find out more about NAHB Member Advantage.
It Pays to be a Member!
Save 22% each month with Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless has teamed up with the Home Builders Purchasing Program to provide special offers to the Home Builders Association.
Right-click to download the Verizon Wireless Discount pdf and contact the Verizon representative David Caldwell at 540-512-5708 for additional information.
- Better Networking through stronger participation in events
- Opportunities to showcase your business - meeting sponsorships, newsletter, website, and Home Expo
- Marketing and Advertising contacts to assist your business in attracting new customers
- Web Site Expansion to allow consumers to locate you through a recognized venue
- IRC Code Updates available within our Association office
- Association Social functions that are enjoyable and profitable
Code of Ethics
As members in good standing in the New River Valley Home Builder Members Association, Inc. (NRVHBA), we believe in and accept the responsibilities and obligations inherent in providing housing and its related infrastructure. In an effort to fulfill these responsibilities, we pledge to uphold the following objectives:
- Conduct business affairs with honesty and professionalism
- Provide the best possible housing value to our customers
- Use of quality building materials and sound construction practices
- Use of high standards for safety, sanitation, and livability in housing design and construction
- To meet all financial obligations in a timely and responsible manner
- To honor both the spirit and letter of business contracts, and to deal with our employees, subcontractors, and suppliers with integrity and fairness
- To keep informed regarding policies and other essential information which affect our business interests and those of the building industry as a whole
- To comply with all local, state and federal laws and regulations relating to the health, safety, and welfare of our customers and employees
- To use honesty and integrity as the focus of our business policies
- To provide a prompt response to customer requests for warranty service
- Seek to resolve disputes through arbitration, negotiation and compromise rather than through litigation
- To abide by and support the decisions of NRVHBA in promoting and enforcing Code
As evidenced by application for membership, members acknowledge that they have of their own free will adopted these professional standards for use in their business, mindful that this is part of their membership in the NRVHBA.
We believe that home ownership should be within the reach of all Americans and, we believe that by adhering to the principles outlined here, we are supporting that idea.
We believe that the free enterprise system is essential to the high standard of living that we enjoy and, we pledge to support our fellow members in NRVHBA and the local, state, and national associations, as well as related industries which strive to preserve the inalienable rights and freedoms which we enjoy.